588,507 active members*
4,793 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Seeking design feedback before I start

Threaded View

Seeking design feedback before I start

I truly value the experiences, expertise and viewpoints offered by so many members of the site, so I'd like to ask for some feedback on a working design before I get into the build.

For reference, the tube on the table is 1", the table itself is about 48"x44" and the gantry is just over 48" wide (which makes sense if the table is 44"). The Y and Z axis will use a new bearing system I'm working with - it uses hex rails and roller bearings, instead of tube. I like it because it increases the bearing contact area, and by orienting the hex correctly, makes for easy surface drilling, and should be quite stable (kind of like a larger V-groove setup). As for the three stepper motors on the front...I haven't decided if I can get away with one in the middle or not. It seemed to work well for Joe, Andy (Lionclaw), and others.

I welcome ALL feedback, and if anyone would like additional images or clarifications, just ask!

- Shawn
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ISO.JPG   FRONT.JPG   YZISO1.JPG   YZISO2.JPG