587,600 active members*
4,424 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Plz help me interface IM483 driver to parallel port

Threaded View

Plz help me interface IM483 driver to parallel port

Hi everyone, I'm new to cnczone as well as to CNC in general. Plz be EZ on this noob....

I got a couple of IMS IM483 drivers from ebay (8 pin P1 version, not 34 pin P1 version).
    Has anyone succesfully wire this driver to breakout board for Mach3 (or similar software) use?

Attached ScreenHunter_042.jpg file shows IM483 driver has 8 P1 pins, among them is +5v "opto supply" (P1:4), but NO GROUND PIN for opto supply.
    How should I GROUND the +5v opto?

To the driver side ground maybe... but the manual has a line saying (Plz open Attached ScreenHunter_043.jpg file) --->

"In order to maintain isolation, the optocouplers must be powered by an external power supply connected to P1:4, with the opto supply ground connected to the ground of the input control circuitry..."

This seems to preclude grounding +5v opto to driver side (motor side) ground pin (P2:3 for IM483)

Attached ScreenHunter_041.jpg, Attached ScreenHunter_044.jpg and Attached ScreenHunter_045.jpg are 3 signal input methods (interface methods) IM483 manual mentions (Switch Interface, Open Collector Interface and TTL Interface) however, the manual does not at all discuss computer-interfacing IM483 (Not a word of "computer", "parallel port" etc..)

manual is at ---> http://www.imshome.com/Product%20Manual%20PDF/im483.pdf
    data **** ---> http://www.imshome.com/Product%20Datasheets/im483.pdf

Has anyone succesfully wire this driver to breakout board for Mach3 (or similar software) use?
    I would so much appreciate your help.

Thank you for your time...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScreenHunter_041.jpg   ScreenHunter_042.jpg   ScreenHunter_043.jpg   ScreenHunter_044.jpg  

ScreenHunter_045.jpg