Cameron, Good info!

In regards to wetting, yes you are right that small aggregate make the mix very dry. As I posted earlier, anything above a 5:1 weight ratio (using sand or finer aggregate) is quite dry. I think a 6:1 ratio is possible but it will require vibrocompaction. 7:1 and higher results in a difficult to pour mix.

As for vacuum, keep in mind that your mix will probably be 12" deep inside a 5 gallon bucket. It may be possible to de-air raw epoxy like that, but once you mix in the aggregate, there's absolutely no way. You'll need to get the stuff constantly moving to the surface, like a blender, to let the vacuum do its work.

Some people here have mentioned mixers of sorts. Keep in mind that the mixer will have to fit INSIDE the vacuum chamber, and you'll have to CLEAN IT after use. Thus far, the only practical solution I've thought of is vacuum-vibrocompaction. A 5 gallon bucket can be placed into a vacuum chamber (or made into a vacuum chamfer itself with some creativity). Then you place it on a vibrating table and let it shake.

All this theory of requiring 29.## inHg doesn't mean much until you can figure out a way to implement it.