I am ready to CNC my totary table and need help in selecting motor (servo or stepper) & sizing of motor to have appropriate torque for holding, & being able to achieve a useable feed rate that will keep up with, rather than slow down the "x" & "y". I have a 65V 20A power supply driving my IH servo'd mill. I will also need some advise on the selection of encoder, appropriate enough to break down the degrees of rotation fine enough to handle whatever need arrises. I don't know if i should concider gearing motor down or go direct drive, would direct be too fast for worm ? The rotary table i have is an 8" import. but seems plenty solid. I plan on obtaining gecko appropriate for motor selected. Now what am i not concidering, I don't know. Any assistance I can achieve here will of course be greatly appreciated. I would like to get this project underway soon. It must have been done numerous times already but i sure couldn't find any links. I don't want to end up under powered and won't mind being maybe a little over powered. I would like something that will do for a few yrs or more ..... Thanks !