First, thanks to Carlos Rey (Serviceman on here, Reytech is his company) for walking me through as much of this as he has!

Recap: I have a 1994 Haas VF-2 mill which we purchased an HRT-210 rotary table for. I haven't been able to get any successful use of it since it's been here.

On my first attempt at connecting the unit, I got A Z CH MISSING, A MOTOR Z FAULT, and other errors indicating that there was a problem either in the cable or the encoder.

I sent the motor to Oracle Encoder, where Mark found a scratched encoder disc :cheers: and replaced it with what he says was an equivalent but not OEM style encoder. Reinstalled the motor in the HRT, tried again, still not working. Sent it back to Oracle where they went over it and swear up and down all is kosher. These guys have done a few motors for us and we've no reason to doubt them.

With cable test on I get 'A CABLE FAULT', so I purchased a brand-new cable from Haas (NYMAT). No dice. With cable test on I'm still getting the A CABLE FAULT and the same old encoder/cable errors as before, specifically A MOTOR Z FAULT. At least A Z CH MISSING is gone. :bs:

When the motor is advanced in one direction, very slowly, it will move smoothly and not error out. If moved in the other direction or quickly at all, it jumps and hops and does all kinds of crazy stuff until it simply throws the A MOTOR Z FAULT again. (nuts)

I've shelled out for the cable and encoder repair and now I'm no farther ahead than I was. What the heck can possibly be left? My boss is about ready to come unglued if I spend another nickel fixing this thing (chair)

Help?