I have an older K2 39x25 CNC router that I bought used several years ago. Unfortunately Katrina and a major surgery sidetracked me before I was able to use it. I did store it in climate controlled storage but now it is time to get it going and I have lost one page of the hand written instructions and forgotten what the original owner told me about the software.

At the moment my main interest is converting some of my own images from when I was doing outdoor photography into carvings on flat blanks with sales in mind. I use PhotoShop CS(original version) for photo editing and would like to go from there to a nice finished carving moving through a minimum number of programs. I am retired so of course cost is an issue but if a few hundred dollars more for better software either substantially increases quality or reduces aggravation it will be found rather than trying to go too cheap and not liking the finished result.

I have some of the older Vectric software now and plan to call and see if it is upgradeable, however I am wondering if I should go an entirely different direction since I don't see it mentioned on here anymore. What software(s) should I be looking at to go from a Photoshop image originally shot with a digital camera to a finished product?

Any and all advice greatly appreciated!

Hu