Hey guys, I have a slight problem with my SolidWorks.

I purchased an academic license of SolidWorks 2008 for school (I'm an aerospace engineering major) but I'm having slight problem with enabling Hardware OpenGL on my laptop.

I have two computers, a brand new tower at home with good graphic card, SolidWorks works flawlessly on that. However, I primeraly use my laptop for everyday use, since I'm home almost never... I purchased the laptop in December, it's an HP dv2660se with Intel Centrino 965 chipset, meaning it has an IGP X3100 graphic card (integrated). From what I understand it supports OpenGL, but for some reason SolidWorks cannot detect hardware supported OpenGL. For, it enables Software OpenGL by default and disables the option of unchecking the "Use Software OpenGL" button in performance menu in properties. I'm trying to solve this riddle for some time now, I cannot find anyone else with the same problem, I tried countless things such as reinstalling the software, newest video Drivers, and trying to trace the option of enabling the Hardware Support in Windows Registery.

The SolidWorks support line is no use, as they tell me "Your graphic card is not on the list of supported hardware, therefore we cannot help you". From what I read, This verson of SolidWorks should detect any OpenGL supporing graphic card and use that, but for some reason it does not.

Did anyone else ever had that problem? or figured out how to bypass it? I would hate to replace a one month old laptop!

Thanks,
Bart