I did extensive job searching over the past few months as a CNC Machinist/programer. After much debating, I choose to work at Small company, four employee's, for a fair wage. It has been great. The boss is easy to work with, parts have easy callouts .005" or greater, 40 hour work weeks, and room to grow with this young company.

The problem: an employer has contacted me that they are in need to a set-up/ programer. They are a large company, 200 employees. They will probly require this person to work 50 hours a week. This position will need a person who is highly skilled at doing mutipul set-ups and to provide input on machining processes on new jobs. Along with with position is high pay (checkbook is open).

What dose one do? Work at a small shop yearing to grow with a boss that is easy to work with or leave him for a large employer that requires more skill, hours, more stress, with higher pay such as $5/hr.

Which job have you enjoy the most, easy boss with fair wage, or high pay with a diffcult boss?