I purchased a Akira Seiki lathe, Fanuc O T, 1997 recently (model ASL-17), but it came without the Fanuc Manuals or any manuals for that matter. My question is this...does anyone know what the designations for fanuc manual/controller numbers mean, (O, Oi, ect) how they apply in that time period. How does Fanuc's controller numbering system work? It sure would be helpful. Also any links or places I get that info.The dealer was only able to give me the parameter pages ( Thank you very much but the rest of the manuals would have been better!) and passed me off to Fanuc. I'm guessing they will ask for the software & Rev number. I can live with the dollar hit for the manauls I just want to know I've got the right one.
I currently cannot power the machine up and check the control for the Fanuc rev number as the shop I have it in will not have 3 phase power to it for a month or two. I was trying to get the manuals now without looking.
BTW - I'm very G-Code savy with almost all other controls, milling and turning, ironically I just never worked for, or owned a Fanuc controlled machine before now... aaaand... what do you know...no manuals!!