588,507 active members*
5,281 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Gecko Drives > Gecko wiring clarifications?

Threaded View

Unhappy Gecko wiring clarifications?

I have taken my small control box and moved all the stuff to a salvaged empty computer case. More room , cooler, components further apart. Well, here I see that it says, don't daisy chain the Geckos, but it seems that's how they were set up , from the dealer,K2CNC, before I took them out of the cramped box. I wired up, checked for lose connections, powered up and... There is no movement. It all worked before I went and moved things. Why would they be set up like this if it is incorrect, and, should I change it to the proper set up? There is a capacitor that connects to a thing filled with black epoxy and it has 4 lugs two go to the trans. Now the cap. is connected to that thing and it is shared with the Z drive, which is connected to the Y drive, which is connected to the X drive. Is this not daisy chaining?? They are Gecko 201's. Motors are HD steppers. One more thing, is the power light in the upper right corner supposed to light up? Oh and are the all wired to the USB cable by one wire? I'm sorry for the long post but I know wack about electronics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0008.jpg   DSCF0002.jpg