Well I finally took the cable cutters to the cabinets and pulled all of the non essentials out. after attending the mach conference last weekend I could not resist any longer Grin

The plan is to use the original servos and encoders and wire in all the original on board equipment; coolant , oilier, mist unit, adjustment for the vari drives (air driven) and probably have digital speed readout for all the pieces to keep everything in balance. I may find that the vari discs don't get moved much as I plan to run the machine on 220 single phase with a VFD.

The machine did not run for me but I did get it to home and I jogged all 3 axis so the servos, encoders and spindle drive work. at this time I am planning to use Larkin 200 volt drives and CNC4Pc control boards BOB, MODIO and pendant.

New Pictures posted here http://jeep534.smugmug.com/gallery/5...07649501_owpex
Photo's Current as of april 2008. I am currently working out of town. so it will be a while before I get it up and running.
I have everything picked out. no small task I might add...... Hopefully some of the bugs will be worked out of the smooth stepper/cnc4pc combo before it comes time to turn this thing up

Happy Hunting
archie =) =) =)