Ok here is my 2 cents for what it’s worth. First, I really like CNCzone, lots of great people, projects and ideas. I like reading how other people do things. Here is a little about me. In the 80’s, when in college, I worked for a company that retrofitted CNC controls on machine tools. Everything from Bridgeports and Shizoka Mills to Hardinge Lathes. Got a great background working there. Recently, about 4 years ago now I added CNC to a Sieg X2 and then a Sieg X3. The X3 is a great machine, a real workhorse. I’m currently adding a gas spring as a counter-weight for the head and a one-shot lubrication system for the ways. So now, I thought it would be fun to design and build a large router table on a small budget. I started collecting parts about 2 years ago from ebay and everywhere else. I started construction in my spare time last May. Just finished about a week ago. The machine works great and cost me about $600 to complete. The working envelope is about 50”x36”x5” although I have reduced the X axis buy 15 inches for rigidity, but this can be adjusted back to the original 50” when needed. Take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think. One point I would like to get across is the material I used for the main structure. Anyone recognize it? They are the aluminum side rails from a computer networking rack. They are cheap, strong and straight.

Here are some pictures:

Thanks, mldpsu