First, Hello to all!:wave: I have been reading all the information this sight has available. (Been reading for a few days. I’m very impressed with the amount of information this sight has to offer) This is my first post; I have wanted to build/buy a Torchmate 1 with my son (14yr) and daughter (9yr) as a learning project:argue:. I’ve been wanting to build one for a while now, But financially I haven't had the extra money as of yet. (Still saving:nono:"wife") I feel that this is a major purchase and it has to fit in my budget (this is why I’m think of going with the TM1). I want to know if anyone has tackled one of these kits and how they feel about it. I see that Mike from Torchmate on this sight (and I mean no offence by asking these questions to you or your company, every question that I have seen that was posted to you seemed to be answered very fast and you truly want to help anyone that needs it) I just really want an honest opinion from people that have taken on this or are doing this now. Is this kit worth the money it cost? As far as I have read it is, but maybe someone that has/is building one may know a better way or have a suggestion on doing something different. I have no dough that I can build the table. I have been a Industrial Sheet Metal Master for the last 17 years, but I have "NO" and I mean "NO" experience with CNC or Cad of any type, so this is a very scary investment for me. I don't think that it’s anything that I can't learn and I feel that if we learn something new from this build it will be worth it. I feel that if I can show the kids that their only limited by their own imagination it will be worth it. I just don’t want to disappoint them or be disappointed with something that will not do what we want it to do. As my kids get older maybe they can make a little extra money in the process. I have always been around some type of plasma table of some kind (the company I worked for in the past used one to cut sheet metal fittings for duct work) I just never had the availability to program the machine. I find it fascinating the way this works and think it will be a learning experience that we will never forget, I just want it to be a good memory. For the money it cost I want to try to get everything out of the machine I can. I want to build a 5’ x 10’ table and to be able to cut at least 3/8” steel. ( I don’t feel that I will ever cut anything thicker than ¼” steel) I will mainly cut thin sheet metal 1/16” at the most for my part time Sheet Metal Co, but I want the available to cut ¼” steel for me here and their. Any information will be appreciated and I will be reading in the background. Thanks to all MMeekAll information will be appreciated