Hello World!

After struggling with another home-built CNC machine for several months, I have officially changed alliances thanks to another CNCzoner. I am now heavily invested in a Joe 4x4 hybrid, designed and marketed by CNCzone celebrity Joe.

I was attracted to the design by it's sheer strength and mostly metal design, despite not requiring any welding. It is rumored to operate on the level of the Shopbots and Mechmates, and that's the level that I want to operate on.

Since I have no need to take this machine offroad, I really don't need it to be a 4x4.
No, seriously, I don't have the room for a 4x4 machine, so I'm building the hybrid as a 2x4 by making a couple simple changes.

In this build log, I'm going to keep things fairly general so as to encourage readers to read the 4x4 thread in it's entirety, and to protect the enterprise Joe has worked so hard to build. If you're considering this build at all, just buy the plans from Joe. They're well worth the money and will get you access to the nitty-gritty details of and support for the machine only available on his private subscriber's forum.

So let's see what I've got going already.