Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
Peter, I did try the board i got from you on the mill. I was going to contact you about it when I got the chance. I couldn't get it to work. It may actually be my motor controller that isn't compatible.

This is my motor controller. I am running it on 220 VAC and it is mounted on the required heat sink. My motor is a 2 wire brushed 180 VDC 2.5 HP max. The controller maxes out for 2 HP. These two items work great together. The trouble starts when I want Mach to control them.

I think the conflict between this controller and your board is because this controller says I can't hook up S3 for use as a voltage follower. Page 23 in the pdf here.

The control voltage range on 220 VAC is also only 0 to 2.8 VDC. I think therein is the incompatability with the DC-06.

Then again, without a wiring diagram, I can only tread water. Any help or thoughts there would be great. Thanks.
Hi Lee,

OK, I had a look at the manual and we should be able to get it to work. I looked at what you ordered, and noticed that you did not order the optional dc to dc converter. You will need this as the drive does not produce enough voltage to drive the DC-06.

Also, can you tell me what rev board the dc-06 is? It will be on the PCB.

What I want to do is send you a new one with the optional converter installed. The Rev:3 boards have the adjustment pot so that you can reduce the output voltage down to provide a max of 2.8V

Once you get the new one working, you can send the original one back.

Cheers,

Peter.