587,227 active members*
3,074 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Baffled

Threaded View

Baffled

Hi everyone

I have a serious problem this is the secound third and forth time it happens.
    I have a homemade CNC machine and running Mach3.
    Here is my problem.... i use Cut3D to create my toolpath and so on, after i bring it in Mach3 get the machine to start cutting the rough path no problem there, but here it comes it starts to cut the finishing pass gets half way thru and then its like it has a mind of its own it starts to cut off the parrtern and starts to dig into the actual patern where it should be finising, totally destroying my project.

Can someone please help me if you need more info i will be happy to supply it.

Here is some info

The steppers.....X & Y are Eastern Air Devices....6.0 V....4PH.....1.76 A....1.8 Deg.... Type LA23D6K-23
    .....Z is a Astrogyn......Mini Angle Stepper....Type 23LM-C701-01.....P/N RH7-1048 04....5.2 B....1.4 A....1.8 Deg

As for the control box i have no clue what make it is or anything it has no name on it at all.
    These are some questions that was asked

Screws (Ballscrew, Acme, Threaded Rod) ? Threaded Rod
    Do you have anything magnetic in the close vicinity of the machine cables? No
    How hot are the steppers getting while cutting? They actualy stay pretty cool
    Does your control box have sufficient cooling? Unknown

I have checked all wire connections all are good and tight
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC.jpg   CNC1.jpg   Control Box.jpg   Back of Control Box.jpg  

Inside of CB.jpg   Inside of CB1.jpg   Inside of CB2.jpg   Inside of CB3.jpg  

Inside of CB4.jpg   X Stepper.jpg   Y Stepper.jpg   Out of range.jpg