We have a basic slant bed 2 axis and have always had to hand program a bar puller because I never took the time to look into getting it to work out of X2. We have been able to go to the stock advance tab and create a path but have no puller tool in any tool lists and do not see an easy way to create one. The backplot just shows an OD tool coming in to pull the bar. When we post the work, there is always an error, so we hand code it and move on. Any ideas what we are missing here? Do we need to create a tool in the tool list to do this? We looked at some samples files in X2 and they show a custom puller in the list but no idea how to get it there or if we need to.

Also, this may seem a very stupid question but I never figured out why I cannot switch tools very easy on the lathe. With the mill, you can go type in a different number in the op parameters but if you do that on the lathe, it will only ask if you want to change all ops or not. "No, I don't". I just want to change that one op to use a different tool. I either change all ops using that tool or I get no change at all. What am I missing? Could this be a settings issue?