I am developing a router milling head for the NM-200. It would allow a Porter Cable 2-1/4 HP Variable Speed 3.5" body diameter router to be mounted in place of the stock milling head for use in woodworking and with small metal-cutting bits.

The NM-200 has a top spindle speed of 3000-4000 RPM and tends to generate a lot of heat in the spindle bearings at higher speeds. The NM-135 has a top speed of 6000 RPM. Small metal bits and wood routing bits require higher RPM for the optimal speeds and feeds. With the attachment, speeds would be possible in the 10,000 to 27,000 RPM range.

The target user of this attachment would be someone like myself who needs to cut some heavy duty projects at lower speeds with the stock head, but also occasionally machines wood or uses small metal-cutting bits such as 0.125" or smaller. This attachment would increase spindle speeds to allow greater feed rates and more efficient machining.

I am building one unit for myself, but wanted to see if anyone else had interest in this type of attachment.

I would be interested in working with someone who has an NM-135. My own machine is an NM-200, and was hoping to make one for the NM-135 as well. I would need information on how such an attachment could be installed on a 135. The attachment for the NM-200 would replace the entire milling head where it attaches at the circular mounting plate with the existing 2 bolts.

I would be willing to share my CAD designs with an individual wanting to work with me on a 135 version, as well as perhaps build an attachment for them to test and keep when done.

So feel free to contact me if you have interest in one (or more) of the following:
A) Working with me to develop the attachment for the 135.
B) Purchasing a ready made attachment for the NM-135 or NM-200
C) Purchasing plans (and maybe even the GCode) for building the attachment.

THIS IS NOT an advertisement, there is nothing actually for sale at this point, just seeing how much interest there is in the attachment and/or plans.

Thanks! You can reply here, private message me, or my email is [email protected]