588,017 active members*
8,771 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Threaded View

NEW BUILD / Dynatorch Upgrade

Hi everyone, I have been gathering parts and brain storming for the last 2 months to upgrade my Dynatorch 5 x 10 table to some of Dynatorch'es latest features plus a couple of my own. Any comments along the way are welcome. I have learned a great deal from others on the forum and would like to give back. In 2005 I purchased a 5' single x axis motor, standard gantry with laser locator and built my own 5 x 10 water table. It has worked without missing a beat.

At that time Dynatorch offered a battery powered laser locator (which I still have) and had spring assist pre load for the pinion gears. They also used a v rail design for the lifter station. Shortly after I got my machine up and running they improved their Z lifter station to a ball screw design and added small pneumatic air cylinders to pre load the pinion gears. Both were major improvements which I added to my machine.

Since then they have added a host of new features. My machine has been making me money so I decided its time to reinvest. The Dynatorch crew has been great at providing all the parts I needed and technical advice.

The Upgrade;

1. Add Dual x axis drive motors

2. Dynatorch currently offers a single drop side gantry, however my plan is to make it a Dual drop and replace my existing gantry with a 3 x 12 channel aluminum gantry.

3 Add the new Dynatorch all steel Y axis carriage and dual linear rails on the Y axis.

4. Add the Dynatorch DASH system

5. Add the Dynascribe unit for plate marking

6. Replace all rack and pinions on the X and Y axises with their new 24 pitch rack.

7. Upgrade the laser indicator to the latest AC powered one.

Here are some pics of the parts and my gantry. I am sure it will take some time but in the end it will be well worth the effort.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dynatorch 1.jpg   Dynatorch 2.jpg   Dynatorch 3.jpg   Dynatorch 4.jpg  

Dynatorch 5.jpg   Dynatorch 6.jpg