Just got a new VF3 / 50taper and having some issues rigid tapping a blind hole. Im about 100% sure Im not doing something right so Im asking for some insight as Im new to the cnc machining world. Work piece is A36. Im spot drilling first, then drilling a 27/64 hole 1.75" depth and then rigid tap 1/2"-13 to 1.25" depth, ER16 collet. RPM @~530, feed @ 50%(20.5692 feed rate) First attempt I managed 5 holes before breaking tap (typical 3 flute) while retracting and using sythetic coolant in machine from flood nozzles. Next attempt tried a 4 flute tap, broke while plunging first hole. Fellow employee suggested shutting off coolant and applying tapping oil to tool before each hole. This ended up working, but kind of a pain to feed hold and apply oil before every hole. There is 22 tapped holes in each part. I just dont see it being practical to babysit the machine. Im assuming my feed rate must be wrong or ??? Please help!
Boss is becoming skeptical of this new maching being used for tapping holes....Id rather find out what Im doing wrong so I can use the machine properly and not tap everything on the manual mill.

Monday I will have some spiral taps to break, hopefully not...