588,668 active members*
6,280 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > X2 mini mill head from little machineshop

Threaded View

X2 mini mill head from little machineshop

Hi all. My mill head came in form littlemachineshop.com and I'm a little disappointed. Firstly, I think they sent me a used unit. It was packed in a box with broken Styrofoam. Looking the unit over, I can see black greasy finger smears. Also, one of the bolts are bent, and it looks like the base of the unit was crashed into a table. There is also plenty of chips and scratches in the paint.

It does turn on and spins. I haven't tightened and put in an r8 collet yet, but there just seems to be a light wobble/vibration on the spindle. You can feel the off center vibration through the table. It isn't much but it is there. I'm hoping once everything is tighten that the run-out goes away. Is that normal?

Are these rebuilt head units they sell or are they brand new?

I've never worked with a mill so maybe this is normal but I'm wondering if they sold me a lemon and if I should return it. All together I spent just 800 there on the mill head, pulley upgrade, and the manual quick change TTS system. I'm kinda wondering if I should have went with the Sherline spindle.

I'm attaching pics of the unit and how it arrived. Let me know your thoughts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg  

6.jpg   7.jpg