I am building a FineLine Automation 2x4 Rack and Pinion Router. This build may take some time, I thought I would document my build for posterity.

First off, Let me give credit where credit is due. Nate has endured my relentless emails, and newbie questions, always responding with the information I requested, and never once called me a dumb A**. Nate is great. Ha, that rhymed, ok I digress.

1st thing I decided to do was build the Linear Motion Carriages, as they looked pretty easy to assemble. In all there are 8 carriages, 4 extended carriages, 2 regular sized carriages without tapped mounting holes and 2 with tapped holes for mounting on the Z axis plate. The main things you have to worry about when assembling the carriages is to watch which side you put the bolts in. Like a dummy, I put them in the wrong side and had to take them all out and redo them. The screw heads go on the side without the slotted hole, yeah pretty obvious now. I then felt confident enough to attach the 2 linear carriages to the Z axis plate, that took a little ciphering on my part, but in the end it went together perfectly.

More later and pics will follow (Digital Camer has dead Batteries)

Crash5050