Hi,
Thanks for taking a look. I am posting this after making a plea in the technical forums to no avail. I've read some of the posts here and hopefully someone can help.
I've been working on an upgrade for my 2003 Haas TL-1. The control layout is similar to a TM-1 or MiniMill. I want to install an industrial vector drive and a 10HP inverter duty motor as an upgrade to the standard 45A brushless PWM 3 phase servo amp that is currently running the spindle. I've got a plan to change the gear ratio on the belt drive also to provide more torque, but I'm trying to get the electronics worked out first.

The problem I'm having is deciphering the pinouts from the MOCON board to the J2 connector (J3 on a vector drive). There is a pretty good schematic of a Haas vector drive posted on the 'net, but my understanding of logic circuits is limited, and a couple hours of tracing the circuits didn't really get me anywhere.

I've tried to pick up some of the signals with an oscilloscope, but they are all over the place time wise (can't get a clear trace) I just can't tell what architecture Haas is using to control the drive. I'm pretty sure the encoder output is processed by the MOCON board, not by the servo amp directly.

The vector drive I want to use is a Saftronics C10 model 2015, which is pretty versatile. It will accept analog voltage or current based frequency commands and uses 2 or three wire switching to start and stop the motor.

Anybody have any ideas? Wiring diagrams?

Thanks!