Quote Originally Posted by veteq View Post

YOU ALWAYS NEED A VIBRATION TABLE, WITH VERTICAL AMPLITUDE OFF 0,25mm
AND 2 to 4 G ACCELERATION.

This is the bottleneck for DIY, because you need to buy a table with 2 motors, 1 drive and good isolation rubbers (at least 1000 dollar total)
Roy,
Ok for vibration, directionnal? I guess Thomas Zietz would not agree with you!
None of his setups were/are directional.
Vibrating motor and isolation rubber costs, come on, with a little creativity you can bring that down to less than $200 CDN. Have you forgotten Steven Donner's (observer) vibrating motor??

Don't forget, I am sold to EG.
I was reacting to Romanlini's comment that making EG is a fussy process, and I still maintain it doesn't have to be.
People have proven that it can easily be done easily and in many ways, it just depends what you want to make with it, and what will be the EG's purpose in the machine construction.

Romanlini,
I understand where you want to go with Perlite or styrofoam pellets, the problem is how can you make sure that there is no accumulation of pellets in some areas that will create weak spots without complicating yourself with a lamination process using fiberglass,carbon fiber or some kind of cloth like certain existing concrete panels in the construction industry, now that would be fussy! :stickpoke

Best regards

Bruno