I have spent quite a bit of time today with this frustrating machine.

I re-soldered some .016 wire into the "flag" fuses, thus repairing the three that had blown. So far they have not blown again. But this also did NOT clear up the ongoing problem. For good measure, I tested all the fuses for continuity, and all the "signal" third blades, for an open state. All good.

I discovered, sort of by accident, that manually pushing the overtravel limit switches for X and Y can SOMETIMES clear the servo overload alarm (but not for long; see below).

Today the machine was sort of randomly slipping in and out of a few different states.

In one state, the machine is in the servo overload (01) alarm state, and nothing seems to change that.

In another state, the servo overload alarm (01) state can sometimes be over-ridden with either the overtravel limit switch on X or Y, or sometimes with the Reset button on the pendant. Usually, this is as far as it gets, because the "not ready alarm" message continues to flash at the bottom of the screen, and nothing else is possible. Sometimes, however, both the overload alarm message AND the "not ready alarm" message will go away for a moment, and when that happens, after a time-lapse of about three seconds, the contactors on both the X and Z (but not Y) velocity control boards will "blip" closed for a second. During this second, one or more servo-motors sound like they are in a "stall." Then, the servo overload (01) alarm message comes back on, sometimes accompanied by the VRDY OFF (02) alarm message.

Once, today, I was holding the jog toggle switch for X while the contactors "blipped", and amazingly enough the X axis actually moved about 1.100" before the alarm messages came back on and the machine became frozen again. I have not been able to replicate that movement.

Also, the spindle now turns on and off.

It all seems really random to me.

Does all this mean anything to anyone?
Are there still qualified service personnel for a machine like this?
Should I start saving up for a new controller, or a new mill?

Thank you,
Christian