Purchased the lathe from a machine shop in Laramie Wy. They said it was running so I went down to inspect it. I got there and this woman Nadia tells me it was her husbands shop and he had died. Turned the machine on and it went into immediate error. Nothing on the display. She said it was because the machine did not have oil. Decided to pass on the purchase (6K) and left. Then I get a call from her 2 hours later she says she bought some techs in and they got it running. Would I like to come see? ..So I decided to go back and sure enough the techs had the machine under power and the turrets moving, everything seemed ok so I bought the machine. Told her I would pick it up the following week (1st Mistake)

Next week I go back and load the machine without powering up (2nd mistake). Get it back to my shop and a few weeks later power it up and nothing! I called tech support for citizen and they troubleshot it on the phone with me and couldnt get it working. Verified it was getting the correct voltage and phase but no go. They said I should call Fanuk. Did that and they said its probably the Mother board but without testing boards they cant tell. A new MB is 6K .. not going that route.

So looks as if a board was swapped. She had 2 other F20 machines in the shop. Problem is I cant prove it nor do I know which board may have been swapped out.

Can anyone help diagnose the boards or does anyone have a parts machine laying around I can buy parts from ? :drowning:

Rob