Quote Originally Posted by mrcodewiz View Post
I was just looking at the specs for the drivers I got (8060s) and noticed this:

Full or Half Current Mode: Sw4: 0= Half Current

They are all currently set to 0 so I wonder if that is my problem? That is just how they were set when I received them - the pin descriptions on the driver itself doesn't mention anything about this pin 4. Should they be set to Full Current?
Looking close at the pics on your thread, I'm assuming the driver in front is for the Z axis.
Based on the jumper positions, as best I can see, you have it set for 3.7A (should be 3.2)
I would imagine because he sent you an 8 wire 640 motor and you have to wire it Bipolar series to be able to run it from your 72 volt power supply.
Bipolar parallel is the preferred method as you get more power over a longer range than in series.
In series, the 640 wants about 95 volts for best output so you're going to loose some speed there too.
You got it as good as you can get it.
Maybe have him replace it with the KL34H280-45-4A when they get back in stock,
should work a lot better.
I just noticed keling changed a bunch of the components in his bf20 kit from what they were and from what I would recommend.
He doesn't know much about how the parts need to work together.
He dropped the power from 72V that Ellik used to 50V and added the 570 motors that I use
for the X and Y, theres no need to run an 80V driver that he's recommending
other than being able to handle the 6.3 amps of the 8 wire 640 in bipolar parallel.
If you substitute the KL34H280-55-4A , you only need 4.5A, but their out of stock.
lots more money for drivers that aren't going to work any better at 50V
than the ones that I'm using.

This WAS the package and I still have it listed on my site.
The purpose of it is to get geckos and high voltage.

(3) G201X 7A, 80VDC
(2) KL23H2100-30-4BM 495 oz-in for X , Y axis
(1) KL34H280-45-4A STEPPER MOTOR 640 oz-in for Z axis
(1) KL-7212, 72VDC, 12A Power Supply
(1) C11G multifunction Breakout Board

these components would work well together.
As well as my components, maybe.
Hoss