588,342 active members*
5,093 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Threaded View

PrecisionPlasma/CandCNC 5X10 table build

Hello to all,

First off, a little about me. My name is Brad and I live in Southern Ontario, Canada. I make my living as an automotive and heavy commercial truck mechanic/shop foreman and have no background in CNC. I'm competent in fabrication and working with steel and have most of the tooling that one guy could wish for including hand/air tools, compressor, welders- mig, tig, ac/dc stick, drill presses, small mill, small lathe, bench grinder, surface grinder, belt grinder, heat treating oven, and of course a plasma cutter (ya, I'm a bit of a tool whore). My back isn't what it used to be, so as you will see, I have and will be taking a few shortcuts in this build.

I decided to go with Precision Plasma gantry kit and electronics from CandCNC to cut down on build time, trial and error, and strain on my back. I also have no desire to be a table manufacturer and I'm a firm believer in doing it once and doing it right usually saves alot of grief and aggravation in the end. After doing alot of research on the the internet, I found these 2 companies very appealing because they put out some great looking, high quality products and they stand behind their stuff. Product support was a major factor in considering these guys as well. In all the research I've done, Ive never found one bad comment about either company and a few outstanding examples of great customer service. I have read numerous threads on here where guys bought stuff on fleabay and had no support whatsoever and I didnt want to end up in that boat.

I have started gathering all the componts to build a PrecisionPlasmaLLC 5X10 HDL plasma table and will be documenting my build here on CNCzone. The products I decided to go with are:

-CandCNC Bladerunner AIO 620-5 with DTHC
    -CandCNC artisan software package (mach, sheetcam,DXFtools std.)
    -PrecisionPlasmaLLC HDL complete gantry kit including touch-n-go Z axis,
    Stainless cable tray, E-chain, and rotary chuck for tube slicing.
    -CorelDraw graphics suit X5
    -Draftsight free Cad program

Input, ideas, and criticism is always welcome as long as its constructive. Everyone likes pics, so here are a few to start us off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0650.JPG   IMG_0651.JPG   IMG_0652.JPG   IMG_0653.JPG