I lost the plastic sheeting for the speed controller a long time ago so I had just wrapped the controll box in plastic wrap. I finally decided "bleh thats ugly" and so cut out some plexiglass to protect the electronics.

When I put it all together I guess a wire shorted to one of the grounds and she wouldnt go.

Everytime i replaced the fuse it popped instantly.

I noticed I got a tingle when I touched the heatsinks so I ran a ground wire to the building ground and then when I put a fuse in, she sparked bad again (smoke, one LED turns green and the other is out. The motor runs at full speed (mosfets are blown/shorted)

If I take out the fuse the second LED momentarily turns green as well then both go out as the fuse is fully removed.

Im going to replace all the ground cables, the power cable, check the recepticle ground and order a handful of mosfets.

Is there more of an issue here than a bad ground? I dont wanna resolder 24 mosfets just to learn I should just replace the board and all wiring.

I have a spare board of same model number (courtsey of my mini mill with broken gears on order) however before I blow that one too what should i be cautious of (other than replacing all ground wires)