I have been shopping for a larger lathe for a few months now. I looked at quite a few used lathes on Craig's list and couldn't find anything in my price range that I wanted to own or I could find room and power for. Yesterday after taking a vacation day and coming back from a two hour trip to look at two, over-priced, basket-case Emco Compact 10s I had had enough.

I knew HF was running a 20% off sale that ended yesterday and so I bit the bullet and purchased the harbor freight 43681 12x37 lathe; good reviews and just what I need size wise.

Well,If the web site selling experience is any indication I may already be in trouble. I had to read the on line manual to get the real specs and it looks like a cousin to the grizzly 12x37.

What I am wondering about is the measly $103 dollars they charged me for shipping. Will that put it in my driveway or will the truck driver show up with a semi with no lift gate and a temper. I tried speaking with HF associates yesterday and I couldn't get any straight answers; I don't think they are US based.

I was hoping one of you has had a similar experience recently and could tell me. If they can't put it in my driveway. I can get it delivered to work, which has a loading dock and my coworkers can set it on my truck.

Thanks,

Russ