I am a professional SolidWorks modeler, and I just so happen to have gotten a CNC machine and a copy of SolidCAM recently from my uncle. I thought I'd be able to figure it out, I've had experience working a simple engraving machine before, however since beginning to research all of this, I am incredibly overwhelmed and have no idea where to even start.

I don't even know if the machine works or not, because I haven't been able to figure out how to test it. All the characters on it are in chinese, I have no idea what company even made it, it looks new though. On the label the model number, or at least I think its the model number, says TS-3040C, but when I google search that, I find pictures and information relating to a machine that isn't this one.

And I don't know heads from tails on this SolidCAM, nor can I find any onboard tutorials. I'd really like to get this thing working, can someone please help me, or tell me where to go to find help. I don't even have the most basic information, so where to find that would be a great start.

Thanks in advance.

-Vicanic