Hi to all, this is my first post into this forum and as every one else I purchased Bob's plans and become very enthusiastic about building this machine. I'm a software developer that dreamed for a long time about building a CNC. I have basic tools at home that will probably be enough. I live in Europe (Romania) and my biggest problem was the metric system. I can easily adapt holes diameter but can't avoid aluminum parts dimensions.

Now I'm in the process obtaining all the materials I need. Since this CNC I will use it from time to time to do small jobs like PCB mill, modeling plywood mill and some aluminum drilling and milling I plan to go with a cheap Chinese electronic kit that someone else used on this forum with 280oz motors. My budget is around $600 and I need to keep it like that somehow. I'm counting that material cost estimated by Bob are around $400 and extra $200 electronic kit.

I plan to buy the metal parts from speedymetals.com. It will cost me around $110 dolars and another $140 to ship them to Romania. This is the quote they gave me. Its not a bad deal for me since here same amount of metal it costs a lot more.

I already spent $56.85 on bearings, $47.75 on backlash nut and shaft coupler, $48.88 on belt and pulley.

Regarding spindle I can't use one from plans since is 110V and here we use 220V. I want to go with following spindle :

http://www.kress-elektrik.com/Power-tools.71+M5eb130ce52a.0.html?&tx_commerce_pi1[catUid]=17&tx_commerce_pi1[showUid]=1035

Can someone tell me if it will be ok with this CNC?

Another issue I have is that I can't order from Romania acme precision threaded rod. Maybe someone can send me 12" of it and I will pay over paypal.

Dan.