Hi All,
I work at a composites supplier on Brisbanes Northside.
I also operate a small in home CNC which is why I'm here...
I've wanted an alternative to MDF and styrofoam as a cheap, easily cut prototype material for a long time, I now have it, and intend to supply it to QLD and greater AUS.

Now I have gone out of my way for a long time looking for a cheap tooling/cutting material that gives a nice surface finish and believe i have found a good and better yet - cheap - tooling material, and I need a few people willing to buy a sheet to give it a go.

I've convinced my boss to get it in, and the idea is it gives a nice enough surface to pull an epoxy or polyurethane mould from, yet I haven't tried it.
I need some experiementers, and will do the stuff cost price (Don't worry its hell cheap!) Its worth mentioning, that if you love the foam, and want a guarenteed mouldable surface finish, I'm looking at a suitable alternative to toolingpaste, and am heckling down the price now for a paint-on alternative.

(You'd rough the foam a little smaller then the part, pain the finishing paste on, then run finishing pass if it was a large part.)

Anyway, i'm working hard to get us cheap prototyping and tooling board here so help me out!

Its 700 density blue foam, I haven't tried machining it yet myself as my computer is on frizz, but if I can get a few people to order a sheet and let me know how it goes it would be wonderful! - I HAVE SOME SMALL SAMPLES IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO COME LOOK -

Best thing about it is that its cheap!
If anyone would be interested in trying some, or looking at a sample...
sheet thickness is from 20 mm to 100mm and 600x2500 wide.
However as yet I might need to get them cut to 1250 just to get em on the courier cheap (Just for now, later I'll sort something out.)

If anyone is interested please email me, or call me.
James Irvine
CG Composites Australia Pty Ltd
Unit 11 191 Hedley Ave
Hendra 4011
Qld Australia
Ph: 61 7 3868 2025
Mob: 0488 266 700
Fax: 61 7 3268 2244