Damn, there's alot of people here that need help with this software isn't there?

I just received my packages filled with the last of my new Tormach Mill stuff.

When I tried to load the new SprutCAM software everything seemed to go smoothly, until I tried to open the program.

I got an "Error Message" that just wouldn't go away. The text in the box read as follows:

"Access Violation at address 026A52DD in module 'sckernel.dlll' Read at address 0000000."

The Laptop that I attempted to load this software in is a three week old/brand-new HP Pavilion g Series. It more than surpasses the requirements needed to run the SprutCAM software.

I use this same laptop to run my SolidWorks software and I'm pretty sure SolidWorks has even larger requirements. It works perfectly with that software. I don't run different software programs simultaneously so that can't be the cause of this Error dialog-box.

I'm basically a Mac computer guy. I don't have a clue what's causing this problem. I bought this new laptop so I didn't have to sit in the shop next to my mill in order draw my parts. I wanted to be able to sit in the comfort of my bedroom or living room at night and get some work done.

I ended up having to "uninstall" the software then manually go through my computer files and delete any thing left that had anything to do with SprutCAM; after which I had to do a "Force Shut Down" just to get that dialog box to go away.

I have yet to completely assemble my mill. I just thought I'd play around with this software while I waited for tomorrow to arrive; then this problem reared its ugly head.

Anyone else have this kind of problem with the SprutCAM software? If so, how did you fix it?

I plan on calling their tech support on Monday to see what gives. I was hoping to be flinging some metal chips next week sometime but, this may set me back a few more days.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

MetalShavings