587,472 active members*
3,290 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: .cbk

Page 1 of 2 12

.cbk

how do i tell which .cbk file i should be using? i see multiple that could possibly be right, there are 2 that have my company name in the file name, and a waterjet.cbk (which im running)

One think to do would be backup what you are using, name it whatever you want.CBK.

You do not know if what you are using has been backed up, unless you did it.

Darek

Ya.. You have to back it up..

My application uses only 1 CBK file that I am constantly making small changes to.

Everytime I make a change, I back it up with the DATE as the name as in:

12_15_2004_updateLimits.cbk

this tells me the date the file was updated, and what the update was.

It's worked well for me this way.

the file i am currently using (never changed) is wrong, so i cannot back it up, i need to restore to a diff file but am not sure what will happen (if anything) if i choose the wrong file, i of coarse wouldnt choose mill or lathe or something i am obviously not running, but if i "restore' the waterjet.cbk and something is not right with it what will happen? or since i have no i dea, would it maybe be better to use one of the ones with my company name-comp. 1.cbk; or comp. 2.cbk.
    i understand the cbk file houses the params for the machine, how do i find these without dealing with my dealer, as he will not help

Hello,

boomer187um, The only way to tell what file you should be using is to know the correct CBK name. Only the gentleman that set this up for your machine knows what parameters, logic, bitmaps, I/O, G & M codes works for your machine. There is no password on the Diagnostic screen, but there are other passwords in the system you may be thinking of instead, but if they password protected any of the logic files to keep you from making changes your self to the machines setup than only they can let you in to edit or view that logic. The nice thing is that it can always be saved and used again in a backup so you're safe here to install the latest version or to install into another computer.

Even if your current settings are wrong, we would still advise you to make a backup under any name you prefer. As murphy625 suggested a Date is a good idea, as well as to name it whatever you want.CBK

You said you were at least running production and didn't want to make changes in a previous post so what ever your using now is going to be much better than the default WaterJet.CBK

The original files you found with similar names could be tried one at a time, but only after you backup what you're currently using first to be safe.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    (951) 674-8100
    [email protected]
    www.cnccontrols.com
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

the file is backed up.
    and THERE IS a password req'd for diagnostics i know it sound crazy, if you say no but these is, there is even a line for it in my cbk...

[[DIAGNOSTICS]]
    IF \236=1 THEN MESSAGE: MESSAGE HOME ROUTINE RUNNING-: GOTO :SKIP
    IF \202=1 THEN MESSAGE: MESSAGE CUT FILE RUNNING-: GOTO :SKIP
    IF \203=1 THEN MESSAGE: MESSAGE JOGGING ENABLED-: GOTO :SKIP
    QUESTION ENTER PASSWORD FOR ACCESS TO DIAGNOSTICS (CASE SENSATIVE);\233
    IF \233<>\234 THEN GOTO :WRONG
    DIAGNOSE
    EXIT
    :SKIP
    MESSAGE DIAGNOSTICS SKIPPED
    EXIT
    :WRONG
    MESSAGE INCORRECT
    MESSAGE PASSWORD

Look the .CBK over for what \234 = in the variable table, should be the password.

Darek

what happen was he shipped me my jet and put the pc tower in a box, just taped closed, no cushin, nothing on the on the same 18 wheel bed as my waterjet so the pc was done, so he fedex'd me one of his employees pc's, so the installer/trainer did the install, booted pc up, brought up camsoft said every boot i had to 'home system' and showed me how to load prog (open a file) and click continue to start it and THAT WAS ALL! (i had never even used any nc before this day) he started packin up his tools told me to call his boss if i had any problems/?'s so i've learned my self over the years and am now here to sort of tweak it i guess, as i posted before i cannot cut over 480ipm, and with high loss of quality which is acceptable, but who wants to watch thier machine sit and cut at 60ipm or even lower for high quality, when they know it can run 3000

Yes It Is!

anything else like that may be able to help me?
    no idea what

boomer187um,

Well anything's possible in CamSoft. At least we have to hand it to you to find the exact logic where it ask for the password. Give your self some credit, you did good.

If you look at the logic carefully you will see that this gentleman made up his own password rountine for diagnostic. Actually very clever, but not cleaver enough to give the logic routine a password, so you can edit it. His mistake. Simply remove the line:

IF \233<>\234 THEN GOTO :WRONG

so that the logic falls through and runs the DIAGNOSE command to runs diagnostics.

Better yet search for the macro that calls [DIAGNOSTICS] and delete or another way is to put a EXIT command after [[DIAGNOSTICS]] and you won't even be asked the password.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    (951) 674-8100
    [email protected]
    www.cnccontrols.com
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

this is the file i use
    Attached Files Attached Files

Now if your CD turns up in the control cabinet or machine documentation you got it made.

Darek

lol, checked just wire sleeve and metal shavings

ARCFACTOR=100
    any one explain that? i know its in the Q&A but i cannot access it

Quote Originally Posted by camsoft
    The nice thing is that it can always be saved and used again in a backup so you're safe here to install the latest version or to install into another computer.
    so you saying i can buy new pc and upgarde to latest camsoft then just load my cbk file and ill be good to go??

QUESTION 104
    The tool path finish seems fine at slow feedrates but why is it course or jerky at faster feedrates?

This is usually a result of only four things: (1) mass and momentum,
    (2) mechanical gears or ball screws, (3) servo tuning or stepper smoothing or (4) the settings in the CNCSETUP.EXE program.

ARCFACTOR is a value from 1-300 that defines the smoothness of an arc. The larger the value, the smoother the arc, which does increase the time to cut an arc. NEXTMOVE is a distance the user sets from the target position that when reached, tells the control to issue the next command. The control will, of course, finish the current move but the advantage is that the next move will be ready to go as soon as the target position is reached. The downside is that the G code windows and graphics will be updated early. SLOWDOWN is a percentage of the originally programmed feedrate to slow down to as soon as the cutter is within the NEXTMOVE distance from the target position. If set to less than 100, a slow down will occur.

Nothing changes if the SLOWDOWN value is 100. BLEND is like an exact stop feature. The value is in millisecond units. A value less than zero will not cause the machine to delay between moves if the NEXTMOVE distance is greater than zero. A BLEND value greater than or equal to zero will cause the control to stop for the number of milliseconds specified at the target position before going onto the next position.

We also have a G8-G9, G61-64 G code and a SMOOTH command to ensure smoother block-to-block cutting motions.

any way to narrow it down from 4?

Hello boomer187um,

" so you saying i can buy new pc and upgarde to latest camsoft then just load my cbk file and ill be good to go?? "

Yes

We'll see if a faster PC is needed, but you will receive the installation CD and documentation you need plus free technical support from a live staff. As long as the CBK file you sent is the correct one, we can then show you how to make setting changes to see if we can exceed the 480 IPM cutting limit you have now.

There's much more in the documentation regarding the 4 reasons Karl listed within the printed manuals. It's safe to guess that it's simply too much too post. You really need the physical documentation and tech help narrow it down.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    951-674-8100
    [email protected]

"When you're up to your ass in Allegators, it's difficult to remind yourself that the objective is to drain the swamp"

If you can possibly do it, READ the entire manual cover to cover before doing anything. Put a note on any section that looks like it pertains to your immediate problem. Then READ those sections again.

Camsoft is the most capable machine control package there is. Because of this, there's a steep learning curve. Believe me, the week it takes you get a good overview of what's going on will repay itself many times over. Plus, if you want to stay on the good side of the excellent tech. staff at Camsoft, it helps to not have to ask every basic question that's coverred in the manual.

Just a suggestion.

Karl

Page 1 of 2 12