587,278 active members*
3,264 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > OpenSource CNC Design Center > Open Source Controller Boards > Pictures of CNCDuDeZ New USB-Parallel Interface.
Page 5 of 5 345

Cool Someone will be able to write a driver.

Quote Originally Posted by H500 View Post
    Looks like an interesting project! But just to clarify... the circuit is not useable with the commonly available CNC programs like Mach3.
    Need to replace the Mach 3 driver, to pluck work out of the que and send it to the new destination.
    Not an impossible task.
    Anyone have have information on the Mach 3 drivers?
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

hello

can some 1 help me

i build the last CNCDuDeZ New USB-Parallel Interface

and when tray move jog give me error message

runtime-error 13 type mismatch

plz help me

sorry i have windows xp sp2

this the photo of error message
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails error message.JPG  

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by chawkiz View Post
    hello

can some 1 help me

i build the last CNCDuDeZ New USB-Parallel Interface

and when tray move jog give me error message

runtime-error 13 type mismatch

plz help me

sorry i have windows xp sp2

this the photo of error message

go to "Windows/Control Panel/ Regional and Language Option/ Regional options... Customize: and set "Decimal symbol" to "."

waw super
    thanks its work

Are there more users of this board ? How does it hold up in real life ?
    Any chance for a mach3 plugin ?

It looks interesting..

Quote Originally Posted by martkrui View Post
    Are there more users of this board ? How does it hold up in real life ?
    Any chance for a mach3 plugin ?

It looks interesting..
    it's work this way:
    1. it know only G00 and G01
    2. G01 will go with a strange hi speed for some lines with ~0/45/90degree. But I never loosed steps or breake a bit because of this
    3. it doesn't have a pause button (alltrough you can left click on top left corner of the window - to get windows menu as with any other window- and the software will pause as long as menu is displayed)
    4. after loading any file, on display it say: X=0, Y=0, Z=0, but internal counters are on last position from loaded file - so a "Simulate + Go to 0 0 0" will fix this
    5. On my XP it never closed by itself the process "cncdudez.exe" after closing application (taskmanager will fix this)
    6. It will forget message window "Loading file" if loaded file is too big; but will work.
    7. it's old... about 2 years without any suport by author
    8. If you can deal with 1..7 then will work for you.

but I recomend http://rc.cis.si/projects/cnc_motion/

This looks interesting. Is anyone one from the EMC2 community working with this?

Well after a few years away from doing the CNCdudez stuff, I am back this year and updating the site.

Have found a little time in between other stuff, to edit up a template for VB.NET 2010.

This will allow people to simply develop their own sofware for the USB-Parallel Interface and shows how to calculate and send the simple commands via USB.

I will also update the Firmware and re-compile for the 18F2550. I should be able to supply PCB's for anyone wanting to play with the 18F2550 version.

This has breakout blocks going to each pin, so you can simply then wire the pins you want to a printer plug.

Progress on this can be found here USB-Parallel Interface Development - CNCdudez Support Forums

Cheers

Sean.

Any chance that code could be crammed into an 18F14K22 to support this multi-purpose board? The PIC BOB

Quote Originally Posted by James Newton View Post
    Any chance that code could be crammed into an 18F14K22 to support this multi-purpose board?
    Hi James

I am going to re-compile for it to work with the 18F2550 first as I have a new breakout PCB made up and a few other people have asked for this one.

The code and fuse settings should compile easy as the 18F4550 and 18F2550 are from the same family as such.

After that is out of the way, we can look at other chips.

Cheers

Sean.

Page 5 of 5 345