587,735 active members*
2,834 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: SV-503

SV-503

Good day All, I have a Mori Seiki vertical machining center that I can not get the magazine for the ATC to zero properly. I get EXO296 (224) Servo Alarm Magazine. I have a procedure for SV-40 and I used it about a year and a half ago but I can't get it to work this time. I get everthing in position, enter my grid shift value in parameter 181, turn power off, turn it back on and the alarm comes back on. I have tried it at least 20 times and can not figure out what is wrong. I would sure appreciate anyone's help with this. Thank you.

EX0296

What is the alarm number on the Beta servo amp.? This may help us determine the issue.
    RRL

1st off, unless something mechanical has changed, you should never need to adjust the grid shift parameter on that. Second, you need to perform the zero procedure after changing the grid shift parameter. Once you change the GS parameter, the servo has lost position. Third, some early SV's didn't rotate the magazine fast enough to initialize the encoder in adjustment mode. Mori had the parameter to change to speed it up a little bit.

From Mori's procedure step # 13
    "PMM parameter #43 (upper limit of commanded speed). The standard setting is “3600” (10 rotation/minute ). Reduce it to “50”

I used a value of around 200 or so in parameter #43. One reason was as "underthetire" stated and the other was the procedure took less time.

Some place I have a procedure for the SV-500 but I can't find it.

RRL

Re: SV-503

Did you ever figure out the root cause of this? I'm having the same issue on an SV400. I can get the 224 alarm, follow the sv500/400 procedure, but cannot get the actual motor to turn.