587,386 active members*
3,590 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

mach 3 CRASHING!

I'm using the Mach3 beta demo thing that can be downloaded for free. at first the program would crash my computer every now and then... now it crashes within 10 seconds of opening the program. my whole system freezes, the screen freezes and the keyboard becomes useless... even holding down ctrl+alt+del does nothing, makes no beeps etc. it's getting really annoying. i don't know what could be causing it.

Uninstall the driver and follow the directions in the video found on the download page on artofcnc.com website. Or see this thread- http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12763 .

thanks, the alternate driver made the driver test program work... but i had some decent spikes... so i found the "xp optimize txt" file on the yahoo group and started going down the list.... and it screwed up my computer. step 3 is to turn off system restore... so i can't fix it. i have to borrow a winxp cd and re-install windows. so as a warning DO NOT TURN OFF SYSTEM RESTORE!! i think the registry tweaks prob screwed up my system... my cd-rom drives can not be detected and my usb mouse wouldn't detect. i tried to fix it using only the keyboard for 4-5 hours.. trying to reverse everything i did... no effect.