588,093 active members*
5,092 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 4 1234

read, read, read, then reread ... again

Quote Originally Posted by venturingraphic View Post
    Hello. I'm new to this board, and I've been researching lasers for about a month now, ready to hit the "Pay" button to whichever company I decide to deal with. However, I've yet to see a thread describing peoples actual experience with different types. I'm currently ready to pull the trigger on a Morntech L960 w/ 120 watt tube. Told it'll take about 3 weeks. I'm aware that they get them from China, on boat I'm sure, and test the same and offer it through their California company, which is a selling point for me as I WILL NOT buy directly from China. I know China makes ALOT of stuff, I just don't trust the customs game, etc.
    My question would have to be , has anyone actually USED a morntech product, and if so, how long did it really take to get it up and running?
    As other posters noted, If US companies like xenatech or epilog were more affordable, there probably wouldn't be a discussion of Chinese lasers. But, 25k is alot for anyone I'm sure. Hard enough to come up with 10k for the one I'm getting.
    Is there a thread just for experiences with different models? Am I missing something? And maybe have the moderators filter the chinese salespersons from them? It's easy to see them, broken english and all. It's really frustrating.
    BTW, I am open to any laser machine worth its weight, I just want to be able to experience some customer service, be it bad or good, because some companies I call don't call back or send literature, probly think I'm not serious. Their loss, because my account is laying in wake.... waiting for the lucky manufacturer that wants to treat me like a customer.
    Any comments on MorntechUSA , the MT L960 would be greatly appreciated, and I LOVE watching the youtube videos of the machines, limited as it is, because you have to admit, lasering is just plain cool.
    Thanks to all and I hope to learn alot from this forum.
    [email protected]
    Chris
    Chris,

Much of the info you seek is on the boards, you must do comprehensive searches. I would suggest you start with the name of the company you want to deal with, then search the thread history for the members who contribute to the target threads.

Please note, not all who write with the broken English are "Chinese salespersons" some are actually American competitors perpetrating as Chinese salespersons in order to distract, annoy, and/or frustrate you.

Before you purchase a machine overseas I would strongly advise you KNOW who you are dealing with before you 'pull the purchase-trigger'. All too often who you THINK you are dealing with is not actually who you are dealing with.

Research and read, investigate and question, corroborate and verify, then 'pull the trigger'

I promise I am US born and raised... My english is just bad, thank the public school system for that :P

But joking aside. There is a lot of false feedback, and false claims made by many Chinese manufacturers. It is hard to find a good company that will do what they say. I had a great experience buying my laser before I started selling their lasers.

Hi I bought JQ Laser cutting machine 1290 100W machine. I would say that the packing was excellent and professionaly done.

I got a Service engineer who is experienced in installation and maintenance. He was surprised to see the quality of the machine. The Build of the machine is rigid. Powder coating is excellent. All the accessories such as Compressor / Chiller / Dust extractor was intact.

We installed successfully in just 60min. The cut is excellent. Most important was the laser tube is a branded one and quality of this is good.

We are in the process of learning and using this new machine in our workshop. I do hope this works longer and gives good result. The initial trials are all gone well. Offcourse there are difficulties in set up / alignment which i feel we will over come.

Overall we are satisfied with JQ 1290:cheers:

To those Chinese manufacturers wanting to promote their products.... the BIGGEST problem a lot of buyers have is with finding detailed information about your laser cutters. Seeing youtubes of them working with various materials, including seeing the capabilites of 60W vs 120W models. Knowing the laser tubes used. Using the software. How to alignment the system. Build quality. Info is what we lack.

$10k for a 600 x 900 120w tubed machine is double what you would pay Ex China , I paid 1/2 that for my 1200 x 800 80w Reci tubed machine and it came with enough spares to build another complete machine!!! (Spare tube , tube power supply , 2 rotary attachments , spare motherboard , lcd panel , stepper motors x2 , stepper motor drivers , 2 sets mirrors , 3 sets lenses , belts , red diode etc.)
    Shenhui laser was my supplier , relatively painless transaction for 2 machines a 1200 x 800 and a 900 x 600 , we have benn running 8 hrs a day with both machines for well over 3 months , tech support has been exceptional.

Rodney
    What is your experience for Chinese laser tubes between normal and RECI tube ? Which type is good for long run and your 80 watt. RECI can engrave on Metals (scratch better than CerMark) ?
    Thanks.

Both my 60w "cheap" and RECI 80w tube are much of a muchness in terms of engraving , obviously the extra power of the 80w results in faster cutting. I have only had both tubes running for about 3 months on an 8 hr a day basis so cant tell which one will last longer.
    My 80w with a 40mm lens actually marks stainless steel without cerdec , but EXTREMELY slowly and with some variable results.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stainless%203.jpg   stainless2.jpg   stainless%201.jpg  

Excellent Results. It looks little deeper or only scratch or can be fill a color ?

It's not deep enough for colour fill and its too slow to really use effectively , thus we still use cerdec to mark stainless. It doesnt work on all grades of stainless either ..

How about Dual-Focus Lenses (Bi-focal Lenses) ? Here is the link and they claim it is good for cutting. Do you have any comment PLEASE ?

Dual-Focus Lenses (Bi-focal Lenses) products, buy Dual-Focus Lenses (Bi-focal Lenses) products from alibaba.com
    Regards.

Shenhui Laser Equipment

Hi Rodney

I am hopefully now about to buy my first laser engraver. After much toing & froing Shenhui are at or near the top of my list. Read your recent post and you seem pretty pleased with the company. Any reservations?

They have quoted me USD2140 for their SH-G350D. Its a 50W 500x300 electrically powered up/down work table, rotary attachment. The price includes shipment to Liverpool in England.

At the moment I am waiting for their tech support to tell me a bit more about the software supplied with the machine which my contact there 'Leland' reckons is called 'Laser Work'. Do you know anything about this?

Thanks

Shenhui Laser Equipment

Hi Eclipze

Totally agree with you. the lack of basic information surely must cost these guys more time answering the same questions over and over.

The issues I've found with getting such information via email...
    - Ask more than 2 questions and not all questions are answered.
    - If the person replying doesn't know the answer, they'll never say so... leaving you still asking.
    - Some answers can be too generalised and not specific to the machine of interest.
    - Option upgrades have little info to either understand the difference or capability given.

QX Series Laser Engraver and Cutter

Hi everyone,

Have a wanderful day.

Glad to introduce us to you, we are also professional manufacture of Laser Engraving and Cutting Machine.

If you are interested in them, pls call us and email us.

Miss Lucy
    Account Suspended
    [email protected]
    cel: 008618254116182

lucylucky... your website is not working and comes up with a suspended message.

Read these threads for more info on shenhui , you might have to register to see pictures
    Despatches from China
    and then
    Chinese lasers - they're here !!!!!!

That's a darn good read Rodney!!! I'm up to the 3rd page in the second link... 9 more pages to go

Laser Engraver and Cutter

Hi Eclipze,

Maybe it is the internet question.

If you are interested in Laser Machine, if you are interested in them, welcome to send us email : [email protected]

Web: ¼àÄÏȪÐÇ»úеÉ豸ÓÐÏÞ¹«Ë¾

Ms. Lucy

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
    lucylucky... your website is not working and comes up with a suspended message.

do any guy need CNC machine tools? we can provide high precision machine tools

contact me if you are interested at [email protected]

I bought from Full Spectrum laser is Nevada. It is made in China but modified and supported here in the US. Had one part broken in shipping and they promptly replaced it. It has very user friendly software and is usb. Basically it really is a print driver. I can print directly to the laser from the computer with their usb port and software.

If you want to run it with Mach3 the you have to use the parallel port but you do have the option.

Page 3 of 4 1234