Quote Originally Posted by smallblock View Post
I remember that too, back around 1994 when I was shopping they showed up at a local motel for a weekend with a " scratch and dent" sale. I spoke to the young guy who was running the show and he sort of boasted that Smithy was the largest selling brand around selling a few hundred machines per month. He said it was cheaper for them to have a truck travelling around the country picking up machines rather than paying freight for machines being returned. He said whenever his truck was full enough they would schedule a sale at a motel parking lot. As far as I was concerned, his boast sort of backfired. I figured if that many machines were being returned, it was not the machine for me.
I don't believe you on the paying return freight bit, no company is that generous, is yours. Or driving around the country to pick up returned machines, that is nonsense. But it would be great if machine tool sellers like Smithy, Syil, Grizzly and Tormach, had sales like that in the major cities. I would try to attend.

I will ask the question yet again to another Patriot owner, like yourself.
Why do you guys who say they own Patriots post a lot of negative crap on the Smithy forum. I don't understand, please explain. Thank You.