588,468 active members*
5,424 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

I've used my 800w spindle for machining heavy aluminium blocks, and numerous bits of soft and hard woods, and it just chews through it as long as the bit is sharp. As suggested it sounds like a setting problem, as even at 0.8kw, and especially at 1.5kw, it should plow through anything you throw at it.

cheers,
    Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    ....even at 0.8kw, and especially at 1.5kw, it should plow through anything you throw at it.....
    That is encouraging. I will buy a new bit and try again, maybe also with different lumber.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanLini View Post
    ....Is it a 240v motor you have? That would have much reduced amps and reduced power when running from a 120v mains and 120v VFD.....
    It is one of the regular Huangyang VFDs that is hooked up to 240 V (1-phase). Looking up the manual I noticed in one-phase mode they recommend using the R and T terminals and I am using R and S. Can not imagine it makes a difference but another thing to try.

JB

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBurks View Post
    That is encouraging. I will buy a new bit and try again, maybe also with different lumber.

It is one of the regular Huangyang VFDs that is hooked up to 240 V (1-phase). Looking up the manual I noticed in one-phase mode they recommend using the R and T terminals and I am using R and S. Can not imagine it makes a difference but another thing to try.

JB
    You wouldn't have a PDF manual link to your VFD? Without the manual, its hard to give advice.
    Current build: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc-router-table-machines/264838-new-machine-desing-quot-cnm13-quot.html