587,669 active members*
3,814 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > How do I put a face on this wireframe?

Question How do I put a face on this wireframe?

Hello. Im relativley new to mastercam and am learning to use the program in school. So far i have learned level managing and am moving forward in drafting. So my situation is that I have downloaded the home demo version of MasterCam and decided to try and design a shifting knob from a mazda rx7 that i found in my garage and have completely designed the geometry including the hole for the shaft, but my only problem is that I can't figure out how to make it into a solid and give it faces. The extrusion can't be used on it and i don't know how to use the shading function, so what do i do? I tried to post a screenshot but didnt work.

Create
    Surfaces or Soilds
    Then choose the one that u need. In this case I'd prob use Revolved or maybe Swept

Solid would be a better choice since you can go back and rechain using solid manager

To shade just press ALT+S and again to unshade

Can not tell hot to do it as we have know idea of the shape you have made . but as the others have said you could use Solids or surfaces. but how to actually get the right option to use on your wire frame without the shape hard to tell.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

It may not be as easy as one complete solid (or it may be)...so you may have to create parts of it at a time and build upon each other (revolve the base, extrude the handle, etc)

Perhaps start a fresh blank part, then work on how to extrude a solid, then how to revolve, then go back to your drawing and see if there is a way to modify it so you can create those types of solids.
    Tim