587,737 active members*
3,238 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 23 of 32 132122232425
    Some photos of our machine sent by Taney..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails K45MT-3 111125-1.jpg   K45MT-3 111125-2.jpg   K45MT-3 111125-3.jpg   K45MT-3 111125-4.jpg  

K45MT-3 111125-5.jpg  

Hi Eshev,
    Nice!!
    Too many buttons on that one for me.
    Geoff

Hi Geoff, I am a newbie myself to cnc, so I am a bit worried myself..

Smile Congratulations

eshev and PlasGeoff, Congratulations to you both on the purchase of your Quick CNC Router machines. Taney is the man. He will look after you.

Happy to write that i received a phone call from eshev today and had a good discussion about his new machine. Can`t wait to see one of the Syntech controllers in operation. My son who operates the machines at work is always going on about getting an Auto Tool Changer machine - which will have the Syntech Controller. I have not told him that his hourly rate makes it more cost effective to keep using the Manual Tool Change machine.

Have to admit i have not had much to do with the CNC Routers lately, but we have just moved into larger premises and so will have my own area to work with the K6100 machine. Here is a photo of the new factory -

Hope you guys post up some photos of the new machines when they arrive.
    Also very interested in the final prices you pay for shipping. Seems to be some large variations. Has been enough to stop me from importing anything over the last couple of years.

Rocket.

Nice Shed, you could swing 3 elephants and a cat in there!!
    Yes shipping things are starting to add up. More info. to come.
    Geoff

That's a nice looking place you've got there Rocket, by the way just seen one nice lookin mustang last week being restored at my friend's place, I will upload a photo, when I get a chance..

Quote Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post
    eshev and PlasGeoff, Congratulations to you both on the purchase of your Quick CNC Router machines. Taney is the man. He will look after you.

Happy to write that i received a phone call from eshev today and had a good discussion about his new machine. Can`t wait to see one of the Syntech controllers in operation. My son who operates the machines at work is always going on about getting an Auto Tool Changer machine - which will have the Syntech Controller. I have not told him that his hourly rate makes it more cost effective to keep using the Manual Tool Change machine.

Have to admit i have not had much to do with the CNC Routers lately, but we have just moved into larger premises and so will have my own area to work with the K6100 machine. Here is a photo of the new factory -

Hope you guys post up some photos of the new machines when they arrive.
    Also very interested in the final prices you pay for shipping. Seems to be some large variations. Has been enough to stop me from importing anything over the last couple of years.

Rocket.
    come a long way my friend!!
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    come a long way my friend!!
    Hi Jim, Appreciate your comments. A lot of people work very hard to make it possible. Guess you would know that you can`t let up for even a day. Success does not come easy and you sure as hell cannot take anything for granted. We love it!

A Very Merry Xmas to you and your family.

Rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by eshev View Post
    That's a nice looking place you've got there Rocket, by the way just seen one nice lookin mustang last week being restored at my friend's place, I will upload a photo, when I get a chance..
    eshev, we drove over to Melbourne a few weeks back for the Mustang Roundup at Dandenong. Here is a photo of my pride and joy 69 Grande at the Roundup -

A 66 Shelby GT350 Hertz Clone that we recently painted took out the Best Restoration award in the Show and Shine section -

Here is a 1969 Mach1 that we just completed -

And another we are currently restoring -

Here is a Thread on the Mustang Owners Club Forum about the Hertz Clone -
    MUSTANG OWNERS CLUB AUSTRALIA - Powered by XMB 1.9.11

So yeah - please post the photos of your friends Mustang.

What has this all got to do with CNC Routers? A fair bit if you think about it!

Rocket.

Talking MUSTANG TIME

Quote Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post
    eshev, we drove over to Melbourne a few weeks back for the Mustang Roundup at Dandenong. Here is a photo of my pride and joy 69 Grande at the Roundup -

A 66 Shelby GT350 Hertz Clone that we recently painted took out the Best Restoration award in the Show and Shine section -

Here is a 1969 Mach1 that we just completed -

And another we are currently restoring -

Here is a Thread on the Mustang Owners Club Forum about the Hertz Clone -
    MUSTANG OWNERS CLUB AUSTRALIA - Powered by XMB 1.9.11

So yeah - please post the photos of your friends Mustang.

What has this all got to do with CNC Routers? A fair bit if you think about it!

Rocket.
    wow, they are all decent looking cars Rocket, are they grandpa of them (group)
    Website: www.quick-cnc.com Email: [email protected] MSN/Hotmail: [email protected] Skype:taney118

CHINCHILLAS

I am still waiting for my container, the attached document i received may explain
    the hold-up with customs!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan0001.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	148090

Quote Originally Posted by PlasGeoff View Post
    I am still waiting for my container, the attached document i received may explain
    the hold-up with customs!
    Chinchillas? WTF?

That's random, and weird at the same time. I assume that's some sort of weird typo or bad handwriting issue.

I'd get your shipping agent onto that quickly, as you don't want to have to pay storage fees on the wharf for too long!

Either that, or they sent you a gift of a pet Chinchilla thinking you needed one.

chincillas now that is novel!!
    James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Look, I will probably be upset if there is a router in there now.
    A friend and I had a good laugh coming up with 101 ideas for chinchillas.
    We were looking forward to an early retirement, apparently they are very exotic!
    Geoff

Hi Guys, been reading the forum for a while now and trying to do research for our first machine. I wouldnt hesitate to dive in but the DSP v's Synech thing is freaking me out.

As a novice, my initial thinking would be to KISS... but the advantages of multiple heads or an auto tool changer keep tempting me to consider it.

Eshev, looks like you have a 3 head machine... can i ask your reason for going down that path and experience with it so far...

Cheers
    Vik

Hi Vik, we're still waiting for our machine which is due to arrive early january. the machine has 3 spindles so if you don't need more than 3 tools it's a good choice, it's still cheaper than an auto tool changer, plus, one spindle is able to switch from vertical to horisontal position which I think could be very useful..

PlasGeoff

Hi Geoff, how did you go with customs? did you get your machine to your place?

Hello Vik,
    I just put in my two bobs worth, like you i did my research through these pages and being a novice thought the DSP controller looked a bit easier.
    The DY machine I am getting, I believe can run up to three spindles separately, vertically using the 506 DSP controller.
    I chose this machine with two spindles as it will give me the 2 cutter option, and a spare spindle should one fail, should be worth the bit extra I think.
    The Syntec controller seems to be used for auto tool changer and for certain machines, Eshev MT3 machine for example, I think the centre spindle can go both vertical and horizontal on this machine so the DSP is not suitable for this??

On a side note I got the word mine arrives tomorrow.
    I can almost smell the decaying Chinchillas!!!

All the best
    Geoff

Here is some info,
    Machine manufacture 15/10 - 10/11 26 days.
    On the boat 11/11 - 7/12 26 days.
    Port Botany 7/12 - 21/12 14 days.

Costs
    $980 FCL 20' China - Sydney
    Total on arrival including Delivery to door and GST
    $3961.22 GST amount $2438.51

$4941.22 Total Shipping, Delivery & GST so far. There may be extras for the delay in Port Botany? Nothing mentioned as yet.

Geoff

That sounds exciting eshev - you'll have some fun with your new toy over Xmas break. how long ago did you place the order with Quick?

Thanks for the feeback Geoff - i think we will take a similar rout (pardon the pun) and go for a basic machine with 2 heads - one for cutting and one for drilling to save on the manual tool change time

Look forward to some photos when you unpack...

Page 23 of 32 132122232425