587,744 active members*
2,738 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Solidworks > Solidworks Border Issue

Solidworks Border Issue

Has anyone seen or had/have an issue where the side border of Solidworks partially covers the part tree icon? I'm using Solidworks 2009 SP0.0 x64 (out of maintenance) on Windows 7 64bit.

Have a look below where it says Part3. The icon to the left is partially covered by the application border. I don't recall seeing this in previous versions, or in the 32bit version either.

Thanks

Jay

yeah that bug has been around for ages, there is a drag decorator on the tab group, and if you resize it the problem should go away. I assume that there should be a horizontal scrollbar showing up that has been missed off. IIRC all you have to do is make the column a bit wider, then swap tabs away and back again.

actually having just tried it, when you make the column narrow it does show a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom that lets you move the tab contents horizontally, are you seeing this? (it would be bottom of the screen on the left).

I'm trying, but still can't shift the border off the icons. I did grab the left pane handle in the middle and shrunk the pane till you could only see a single tab - saw the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the pane. But no amount of expanding or collapings then clicking on different tabs seemed to separate the border from the icon.

Maybe I'm not moving the right items.

I also couldn't find much out on the 'net on this. If you have any links that would help I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Jay

I've seen this come up a few times, and Win7 64-bit is the only common factor to all of the cases. Some of the clipping issues were fixed in 2010 SP3 and SP4, but there are no reports of earlier cases because 2010 is the first version that supports Win7.