588,098 active members*
5,042 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Would like buy a CNC

I am looking for a reasonably priced CNC machine that can perform the folowing on metal.
    1. Engrave 3d on keychains, lighters, flasks etc
    2. Will also be able to do photo engraving
    3. Price less than $ 4000
    4. Easy software

You should be able to find plenty of machines that can do the work you need under $4000. Important questions to ask yourself: 1.) Does my machine have to be new? 2.) How much of my $4000 is for tooling and fixtures? What does that leave me with? 3.)Am I going to have a coolant system? How much does that cost? 4.) What type of electrical connection do I need for my machine? 5.) Do I need a lathe as well?
    I think you will find that a diy cnc can be had for as little as $1000 with tools and accessories. Store bought CNC machines will be at least twice that for the smallest machines and you still need to buy tools and inspection equipment(how will you know if you made your part correclty?). $4000 is a good budget to start with but ask yourself and others as many questions as you can before you make your purchases. Good luck!

Sounds to me like you want a CNC engraving machine. They are better suited usually for importing pictures and such that you are trying to do. Check sign warehouse.

Do you want to engrave on the metal? I think the laser cutting machine can meet your demands. you can purchase a mini laser cutting machin with 60w laser tube, But what is the thickness you want to engrave?

Best Regards
    Casper Geng

Quote Originally Posted by mblount View Post
    I am looking for a reasonably priced CNC machine that can perform the folowing on metal.
    4. Easy software

Quote Originally Posted by JQ Laser View Post
    Do you want to engrave on the metal? I think the laser cutting machine can meet your demands. you can purchase a mini laser cutting machin with 60w laser tube, But what is the thickness you want to engrave?

Best Regards
    Casper Geng

I also want to buy one ,can anyone give me some suggestions?

I do the business of laser cutting machine, can provide you the machine. maybe we can have a discussion, You can sent your demands to me by email as follow

casper Geng
    Email: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by drik1009 View Post
    I also want to buy one ,can anyone give me some suggestions?

wklaser engraver

Hi drik1009,
    Regards as your requirement,less than 4000$,cutting metal,you should choose one cnc,but cnc router can't make professional work in very high precision.so if possible you send me your sample pic to my email: [email protected]
    by the way,JQ laser made a very unprofessional answer,normal 60watt glass tube can't engrave or cut on metal part, only GSI laser tube 220watt can cut on matel material,for example,cutting stainless steel about 2-3mm

.........:boxing:

Quote Originally Posted by drik1009 View Post
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010052.JPG  

:violin:

Quote Originally Posted by wktina View Post
    Hi drik1009,
    Regards as your requirement,less than 4000$,cutting metal,you should choose one cnc,but cnc router can't make professional work in very high precision.so if possible you send me your sample pic to my email: [email protected]
    by the way,JQ laser made a very unprofessional answer,normal 60watt glass tube can't engrave or cut on metal part, only GSI laser tube 220watt can cut on matel material,for example,cutting stainless steel about 2-3mm

Used CNC

You can check our website at :: HGR Industrial Surplus - We Buy & Sell Everything! ::
    We have 66 CNC machines currently in our inventory.
    You can click on the link below to view inventory,
    :: HGR Industrial Surplus - We Buy & Sell Everything! ::

Quote Originally Posted by mblount View Post
    4. Easy software
    Hello,

I am Doris from JCUT Company China.Hoping i can give help to you.

I read your inquiry,the cnc router is good for you.Can you tell me the size of your metal?Which kind of metal?aluminum?or steel?The software will be very easy for you.CAD file will be ok for the machine.For the controlling software Ncstudio software or Mach 3,both are very easy.So don't worry about that.

You can directly contact with me,my email is [email protected] ,my skype is lasercncmachine ,my yahoo is [email protected] .

I am waiting for your reply.Wish you have a nice day~~

Sincerely,Doris