So... did all you other retrofitters save the console and console arm? I am thinking I like it because it can be right there in front of the table while you are setting up a job. It would almost (I said almost) preclude the need for a pendant. I do need to move it to the other side somehow though, and maybe modify the swing stops.

I was wondering what controls you put in the face of the console if you did save it?

I was thinking all it really needs is a place to hang a pendant, an e-stop button, and a USB Port. My thought was to put two smallish monitors in it. A pair of 10" LCDs side by side. One with the Mach screen from the PC, and one with a video feed off the machine. I run cameras on my smaller machines already, and I can say its a great tool. I can work in the office and keep an eye on them on the network, or even on my cell phone.

My other inverter (for the cooling fan motor) is supposed to arrive today. If it does I think I'll try a manual control test on the main VFD and spindle motor in the next day or two. (I have a pot and switches I can use.)