588,582 active members*
12,836 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > What do you think of the New Tormack PCNC-1100

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by JFettig
    As many people know the dispute apon the drives, thats the negetive.

Jon
    Jon et al,

Please forgive my ignorance... what is the issue with the drives? Are you refering to the fact they are using steppers instead of servos? Or do you have issues with the controller they are using?

Carlo

Quote Originally Posted by cbass
    Jon et al,

Please forgive my ignorance... what is the issue with the drives? Are you refering to the fact they are using steppers instead of servos? Or do you have issues with the controller they are using?

Carlo
    Carlo,

It's probably better not to go into here (so this thread doesn't get closed down,) but just do a search for Tormach here and you'll find what the issue is...

Note: It's more a legal/ethical issue than a technical one...

Gotcha,

Thanks!

(spoken in a whispered tone)

Anyone Have a PCNC-1100 Yet?

Interested to hear of anyone who has purchased one of these PCNC-1100 CNC Machines. It would be nice to get an opinion and talk to someone who is an owner of one of these machines and actually used one. Thanks.

Regards

Willyb

Quote Originally Posted by Willyb
    Interested to hear of anyone who has purchased one of these PCNC-1100 CNC Machines. It would be nice to get an opinion and talk to someone who is an owner of one of these machines and actually used one. Thanks.

Regards

Willyb
    As far as I understand it, this is the first shipment. The only way to have one by now is to have purchased one of the pre-production machines...

I wasn't expecting it till the middle of November, but it looks like it may make it here earlier. I need to get moving on constructing the stand for the machine. I'm using Tormach's plans for 2x4 and plywood construction. Hopefully it will hold up ok to flood coolant...

BTW, they just put up A LOT more info on their website.

Dave.