587,832 active members*
3,550 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > NL 150 CNC Lathe Reviews?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Toyhacker View Post
    So I'm thinking about purchasing a CNC lathe. Have any of you used the NL-150 yet? There doesn't seem to be a lot of discussion of it on the forum.

Regards
    Are they shipping yet? Their site says "In stock", but there isn't much other info available there yet that I could see and no one seems to have reported seeing one in the flesh or taking delivery of one yet.

Mike

i ordered one couple of months ago when i first saw it on the web site and according to sales, machine should be arriving Vancouver soon and then it will be trained to Toronto. users manual is also in the process of being produced.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    Are they shipping yet? Their site says "In stock", but there isn't much other info available there yet that I could see and no one seems to have reported seeing one in the flesh or taking delivery of one yet.

Mike

It will be interesting to hear your review. When do you expect to get it? A train from Vancouver to Toronto shouldn't take too long.

Of course Khai (sales person) will not give me a date yet but I did talk to him last week and he told me that he expect machine to arrive to Vancouver sometime this week. He also mentioned that they do share the container with other vendors and once container was stuck in customs for 2-3 months. If there are no hiccups I do expect to get mill and lathe by the middle of April. It will take me some time to get the machines from Garage to basement and get it going. I have seen lot of videos on the internet and created number of turning projects on cad an cam but do have some apprehension due to lack of hands on experience with lathe (yes I have seen the warnings). I am hoping that users manual will also help me get going. It will be a while before I can do any significant project on lathe.

If anybody can send me a pm with a pointer to right lathe tooling I will appreciate it.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    It will be interesting to hear your review. When do you expect to get it? A train from Vancouver to Toronto shouldn't take too long.