587,143 active members*
5,562 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking > WoodWorking Topics > Share your 3D Carving files, Parts or Art
Page 24 of 30 142223242526

Thanks... and how I got blender going

Hi There Chuck.. many thanks for your supprtive and appreciative comments.. I hope the ebook is of some elp.. let me know if you have any problems with any of it....

JM

This is how I got it working....

Step 1..

Having identified the blender version as 2.48 I installed a known working version of 2.48 using a method I found online... with a google search based on "run blender from anywhere without /blend"

I tried running this after install to check it worked.... and it did...

Step 2..

I extracted Pildonovak's build over the top of this working version.. tried running.. it failed...

Step 3..

I ran "ldd blender" from the terminal... to identify the files required but not present....

this gives the list below.. as well as listing a lot of other files that are present btw....

libgettextlib-0.17.so => not found
    libopenal.so.1 => not found
    libHalf.so.6 => not found
    libIlmImf.so.6 => not found
    libIex.so.6 => not found
    libImath.so.6 => not found

Step 4...

I did google search for the packages containing these files.. or replacements / updates for them... was some 'symbolic linking' required to point at a couple of them.. after I'd found the last of these.. away it went....

hope this helps....

Yet another FREEBIE from cnc4free.org .. and just to point out.. I could have said NOTHING about this when the ad's popped up... and let people be drawn in to investing $54.00 to find out they need to COMPILE a windows version to get it working... may be I should have....

Hope it helps

Danny
    What one man can do another man can do..
    BitMaps to Models, 3D2Relief, tutorials and FREE CNC Software http://cnc4free.org

BAD APPLE

It amazes me how the more you give the more people want. Danny has done more and given more than anyone else on developing modeling methods for cnc. I have gladly donated to cnc4free on several occasions and will do so again. It would be wonderful if Danny could get rich off of what he has done and is doing. I know once I have my business up and running I will be able to donate more than a little pocket change. I have not even downloaded any files from cnc4free except for the ebook. I am on the boat that wants to learn how to make my own models (give a man a fish and he eats for a day...teach a man to fish and he eats for a life time). I hate leachers and how they want to suck dry ever drop of blood and then go on to their next victim. Danny please understand that you do have a sincere group of us who are so thankful for all you do and your patience. Please don't let a few bad apples ruin it for the rest of us who do want to learn from you. Noticed I said learn, not take.

...now I have blown some steam off, back to the topic!!! Danny your tutorial on cnc4free about the Kerkythea method was great. I did not realize tutorials were in the gallery area of cnc4free. I see you are adding more "coming soon" and look so forward to reading these as well. Please, Please, Please keep on updating and expounding cnc4free. I plan on making another donation just to show how much I do appreciate you so very much!

Thanks for the info on how to compile it, I'm guessing it will take me an hour or so of hair pulling I'll eventually get it working when I'm desperate enough.

I really loath people who want stuff when they don't put a second's worth of thought into all the implications involved in the arts creation.

This seems be (sort of) a parallel to what an artist friend of mine experiences. They want a free drawing, then it evolves into 50 characters.. then they want a bunch of drawings for almost nothing. $1 is a paltry sum to pay, if you learn how to make reliefs(I'm rather poor at it.) then you get a conception of the time needed to create the work, and in turn, the time required to be skilled enough to create it. A $1 is a minimal amount of money, if that relief is what you want then I'd personally spend the money then spend a half hour plus working on it.

Many Thanks...

Hi There,

Just to say thanks to those who have posted further supportive comments..

I should have pointed out I would never have been able to keep the site up without the real and tangible support of sponsors and donors. The fact that you feel the site/ebook is of benefit is the motivation that keeps me going with it.

I would also say that I am not some kind of CNC altruist...cnc4free has assisted me as much as anyone else.. The opportunities to develop my own understanding of CNC have been invaluable to me.... and would not have arisen were I not chasing down answers to questions or solutions for tasks requested by site users... There are MANY things I would never have discovered were it not for their input or questions... you have helped me in ways you may never realise... and I thank you all for that....

TTFN

Danny
    BitMaps to Models, 3D2Relief, tutorials and FREE CNC Software http://cnc4free.org

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    I think that's a pretty bad knee jerk reaction as I just downloaded some 3D models there without issue, so i'm not sure exactly what you mean by your remarks. So far as I can see, it's the same as it's always been, archived pages are for sponsors, with the front pages and the staggering amount of info there for free. I have no problem with that and don't see that in any way as a sell-out. In fact i'm glad he allows the opportunity for others to kick in a few measly dollars for the ability to download a huge and extended array of professional quality models beyond what is offered for free!

Given the unbelievable time, effort and level of help Danny widely offers, totally free is great, but I think it's more than fair enough he attempts to recoup some minor expense from sponsors by offering archived files. And I hardly think he's getting rich, or even coming anywhere near to just the hosting or bandwidth costs off subscriptions anyway on the little amount of sponsorship!

So far as I see it, this how most of the people here are doing it anyway, Hoss, Dertsap, Ger21, etc, etc, all sell their work and this is perfectly acceptable, if they didn't sell it for the minimal amounts they do, we probably wouldn't be able to benefit from their endeavours.

I think the attitude of people expecting a person to labour continuously for the benefit of others with no return or recompense is unrealistic at a minimum, and ungrateful at it's worst.

How much would it cost to get a professional to create a 3D model that you want? Danny has done that for free numerous times here!

cheers,
    Ian
    What he said

I think Danny has built up a great resource with his site.

I would think it would almost be silly NOT to sell stuff to keep the site running.

Lots of sites give away free files, individually and offer a paid for link or CD for those that cant be bothered to do that !

same as the fishing example. All the info is there to learn to fish, along with free fish !. But for those that cant be bothered, or maybe dont have the time even, an option to buy the fish produce of other fishermen would be useful to them.

If the price was right, I'd be happy to pay for file conversions. I'm tempted by some of the vector art 3d files, if they had just the thing I needed for my next project. But then again, some of their files are $10 and some are $75 !

If danny had a for sale section, I'd be browsing through it
    I'm looking to use my machine to make money, so time is an important factor for me.
    And why should Danny do all the work, so I can download his finished product for free, and then go and make my living off of it !

The only relief I've half successfully cut so far, is a grey scale depthmap, using image to gcode in EMC2 !

Rich
    My 1st Build (ongoing) http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc_router_table_machines/134670-one_big_one_smaller_my.html

Coming Soon.....

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyCNC View Post
    I think Danny has built up a great resource with his site.........

If the price was right.......

If danny had a for sale section.......

Rich

Hi There Rich...

Well as it happens I HAVE decided to open a COMMERCIAL outlet for my work .. entirely separate to cnc4free.... although I will obviously link to it.... you will be seeing the BEST of my work there... with no sharing of content with cnc4free.. and will not effect my distribution of FREE resources... except possibly to expand this and (if successful) maybe even fund it.....

I'll be marketing based on a genuinely NEW concept for the CNC user... every 3D relief / 2D resource will cost.... $1USD. I will also be offering custom design and programming for absolute rock-bottom cost.... will not be beaten on pricing for this type of thing.. I guarantee it....

The domain is purchased. I just need to finalize and test site/shop design.. as soon as it's up and running I will reveal all.. So in the very near future... If you want commercial content / services at absolute minimum cost there will be somewhere to get it that doesn't treat you like a fish in a barrel.. obliged to pay whatever has been decided upon as the 'going' rate.

Hopefully this will be good news for the CNC community at large.. especially for the one man show / hobbyist... I'm looking to level the playing field.. so we can ALL compete with the big boys in the quality of work offered to customers... family... friends etc...

TTFN

Danny

sounds good to me Danny

don't forget to link here, as I can't get on your site at the moment !

Rich
    My 1st Build (ongoing) http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc_router_table_machines/134670-one_big_one_smaller_my.html

Hi There,

Rich... you do know that I am aware of your problems connecting to my site..

As I have discussed with you privately.. due to the suspicious nature of activity from an IP address / machine configuration connecting via that hub/ IP range, unfortunately there is a ban in place... it is quite a narrow range ban... I route via this hub myself from time to time and I have used it today without problem....

Since the ban has been in place.. suspicious activity has stopped... so it will remain in place.. and as I said to you privately I do regret it if it affects any genuine users of my site.

Ban's may not be required at my commercial site.. I'll be using additional server-side precautions there.. will only know when the new site goes up.... but I don't think you or anyone else who is interested will have difficulty finding it... this will become apparant when I go public with the domain.

TTFN

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by yohudi View Post
    Hi There

KisKZ...

Many Thanks for you kind words.

This is VERY easy.. you just need... a working install of blender 2.48 that Plidonovak gave away for linux.... and a blender file with the composite node tree setup to render I obviously have one of these now... After that you just load in the 3D mesh.... and render the heightmap...

All the best... and keep up the good work

TTFN

Danny

Dear Danny!

Can we meet tought any direct connetcion?
    Email or other.
    I was started learn blender and it is very good as I see. I'm already sculpt some things in scuplting mode.
    But... With this Bas-relief node I have lot of problem at the beginnig.
    I need help from start, from install this node. Then I thisk I can learn others easy. But the beginning is so hard for me without any information.

I can not access to your (and my) webpage at this time from my workplace. Can you wite me an sort message with using "contact/kapcsolat" menupoint on HobbyCnCArt?

Other:
    Some days and I will receive a small PicoScan 3D scanner for scan 3D reliefs for HobbyCnCArt.
    I will present everything on homepage about using this, and will wite all informations what I can.

Have a very nice day and Easter for all!

Peter
    KisKZ

Hi There Rich...

I'll be marketing based on a genuinely NEW concept for the CNC user... every 3D relief / 2D resource will cost.... $1USD. I will also be offering custom design and programming for absolute rock-bottom cost.... will not be beaten on pricing for this type of thing.. I guarantee it....

TTFN

Danny
    Danny!

We are thinkig same way!
    Very-very low cost can help for development, for new softwares, fo get new equipments wnat you can use for CNC'ist. An it is good for collect yearly payment for domain and others...

At this time for me these are not problems. Every years users on HobbyCnCart collect nessesaries.
    But if required hosting capacitate wil go upper, actual solution will to hard for these some users.
    Donation is not usual... I dno not know why. But I do not want to make pressure for downloaders.... Not so easy found a solution.

My base is to bee absolutely free in the future....
    We will see I can do it or not.

Bas-relief from 3D model

Hi There

"Denz"

I thought about buying this tutorial but...

Firstly...

It was presented in a way that I would describe as less than honest... i.e that it was NEW.. when in fact it's from 2009.. and it was given away for FREE then...

Secondly..

There was no mention of the fact that it requires windows users to COMPILE a working version... I posted several messages relating to this... I did eventually get a reply... but.. there was no mention of a refund if I could not compile a working version.. just a statement that stated 'full technical support'.. but I had to MAKE the chap selling the tutorial state this... so I didn't really think I could have that much confidence in it.

Thirdly.

I looked at the posts the chap had made in other forums.. In the Russian forums... (I think he is Russian. Anatoly is a Russian sounding name anyway) they were distinctly unimpressed with his advertising and selling of this method... at least if the webpage translator I was using was even half-right.... and on the Russian forums he explained how to 'build' a working version of blender...

Thought it a bit unfair really that I should have to pay for something that was being given away FREE elsewhere... just because I am not Russian...

Fourth...
    I'm really from Russia, but I did not give instructions on how to build Blender on Russian sites, I wanted to give them a help, because we are Russian is almost never buy anything on the Internet, and themselves puzzled and this is our problem! You appreciate the time and it's your dignity!
    I have already compiled the Blender 2.62 32bit and 64bit for OS Windows and it works very stable! I am also preparing a new video tutorial!
    More info: http://3d-relief.blogspot.com/2012/0...tutorials.html

Would you mind distributing the windows build please? Perhaps on mega upload or some other free hosting client?
    Thanks!

BEEN MIGHTY QUITE

I HAVE decided to open a COMMERCIAL outlet for my work .. entirely separate to cnc4free.... although I will obviously link to it.... you will be seeing the BEST of my work there... with no sharing of content with cnc4free.. and will not effect my distribution of FREE resources... except possibly to expand this and (if successful) maybe even fund it.....
    Hi Danny,
    Have not heard from you in awhile. How is the new website coming along...waiting for the grand opening!!! Hopefully you will not forget cnc4free.org for all of us who are learning from this vast resource of knowledge. Can you give us an update???

Still about....

Hello All,

Just a quick post as very busy at the moment..

KisKZ

Peter.. I put instructions here about how I installed the Linux version a few posts ago.... I can't think of anything else I could add to this... but I do see that you have contacted Anatoly(aues) about the windows version anyway.. and I didn't do anything with this version.

Ken..

First.. Many thanks for your recent generous support... I DO appreciate it....

No I won't forget cnc4free.org... has over 4 years hard work in the site.. so not about to just walk away... have put NEW generic bitmaps to 3D bas relief tutorial online just this week... very easy.. quite basic.. more advanced applications will be added to this...

When I go quiet ususally means I'm working.. and doing some stuff for both sites at the moment...

might not be about here as much... but cnc4free.org will be with us for the foreseeable future as far as I'm concerned anyway... might be some changes here and there.. but support for FREE CNC and FREE methods will always be a priority....

TTFN

Danny

"Coming Soon"

have put NEW generic bitmaps to 3D bas relief tutorial online just this week... very easy.. quite basic.. more advanced applications will be added to this...

Danny
    Thanks for adding “Generating 3D bas Relief from Bitmaps” tutorial in the “Gallery” section of cnc4free.org. Excellent explanation of height mapping using light and dark shades. This tutorial compliments and expounds very well on Chapter Two and Six in your ebook at cnc4free. I look so forward to reading “Coming Soon” Inkscape Tutorials!!! I know you are busy with you new website and I'm biting my nails in anticipation.

Browning

Could someone convert the attached file to a DXF?

Thanks Danny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Browning.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by 1462danny View Post
    Could someone convert the attached file to a DXF?

Thanks Danny
    Try this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Bob

"Bad decisions make good stories."

Thnaks for the file

New video tutorials "Creation of bas-relief from 3d - 2 Advanced"

Homepage

Blog

Page 24 of 30 142223242526