587,218 active members*
2,806 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Haas Rotary Table on an 1100?

Can it be done?

A local shop that I use is selling a 210mm Haas rotary table with a horizontal tombstone. I am thinking about getting it for my home shop but don't know if I can get it wired to speak the same language to run with the tormach. I would put it on the correct side (the right side). (don't know why tormach put theirs on the left???!!!)

Any ideas?

TIA

I've dealt with only one Haas rotary. They have about a dozen different models. So what I say may not apply to the table that you're looking at.

1. Weight. The RT may actually weigh more than the maximum allowable for the Tormach's table.

2. Complexity. The Haas table used a servo instead of stepper. And it had pneumatic locking that was controlled by the mill. The mill would look ahead at the code and know when to unlock the table so the motor could rotate it.

Assuming it fit on the table and didn't overload it, you'd have a serious programming and wiring job on your hands to make it work.

Frederic

Ill buy it for one of my other haas cncs at work just in case i find a need. (it is a really good deal)

He also has the control box for it. (dont know how much raw translation that can handle).

You can probably ust it on your Tormach if you use it as a positioner and not as a full 4th axis. You'll probably have to push the start button on the box to make it index.

If you have to index by pushing the button, thei make a comment at each index point. I have learned to do that at tool change points and it helps to eliminate the mistake of having the wrong tool in the spindle.
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.